The Salty Dog Sailing Co. conveniently departs from Chicago's Burnham Harbor, steps from Soldier Field and directly across from The Northerly Island Concert Pavillion. See the map below. Right click to download the map.
- Burnham Harbor is located at 1559 S Lake Shore Dr, Chicago, IL 60605. If you can get to Soldier Field, you can get to Burnham Harbor!
- The Salty Dog Sailing Co. is located on Dock N, which is the South side of harbor, closest to McCormick Place.
- We have one free parking pass for your party and a second based on availability. Please call your Captain when you arrive at the entrance to Burnham Harbor. Please wait with your vehicle next to the Harbor Master's Office. Do not go into the parking lot, as you will be charged then for parking by the harbor system.
- Exit LSD at 18th Street and follow to Waldron Drive to the entrance of Burnham Harbor. Just follow the signs. If you are near Solder Field, The Shedd Aquarium, or The Adler Planetarium, you are steps away. When all else fails.... just look for the boats - we're nearby!
- CTA REDLINE: Stop at ROOSEVELT and walk about 15 minutes to the Lakefront. Burnham Harbor is just behind the Shedd Aquarium and the Field Museum.
- METRA ELECTRIC: Stop at 18th St., over the 18th St. bridge, and just past Soldier Field is Burnham Harbor.
- METRA to Oglivie Transportation Center or Union Station - you can take the bus down to Michigan Ave and walk to the Lakefront or take a taxi from the station to Burnham Harbor.
Interactive Google Map